Panellists took part in an in-depth conversation about housing precarity, policy gaps, and possible solutions for improving the National Housing Strategy.
What We Heard: Solutions for the Improving the National Housing Strategy
A roundup of the most compelling ideas, themes and quotes from this candid conversation
1. Housing solutions can’t be “one-size-fits-all”
2. What gets measured, gets done
3. Policy development must be driven by human rights
4. Equity must be embedded in the policy process
5. Getting to the root of the housing crisis requires looking at financialization
Note to readers: This video session was transcribed using auto-transcribing software. Manual editing was undertaken in an effort to improve readability and clarity. Questions or concerns with the transcription can be directed to email@example.com with “transcription” in the subject line.
Note to reader: Chat comments have been edited for ease of readability. The text has not been edited for spelling or grammar. For questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chat Comments” in the subject lin
From Canadian Urban Institute: You can find transcripts and recordings of today’s and all our webinars at https://canurb.org/citytalk