Job Posting: Senior Administrator
|Position Type:||PERMANENT FULL-TIME|
|Deadline:||November 24, 2023 (applicants encouraged to apply sooner)|
|Apply to:||Cover letters and resumes can be submitted to email@example.com|
About the Canadian Urban Institute
CUI is Canada’s Urban Institute. We are the national platform that houses the best in Canadian city building – where policymakers, urban professionals, civic and business leaders, community activists and academics can learn, share and collaborate with one another from coast to coast to coast. Through COVID, CUI has become an increasingly important national advocate for a new urban agenda for Canada, reflecting the challenges cities are facing, and their importance to the future economic, social and environmental future of the country.
CUI is seeking an experienced Administrator to support CUI in building a dynamic, responsive national institute to strengthen urban life in Canada. The Administrator will bring their experience and knowledge to oversee CUI’s day-to-day activities, and be responsible for designing and optimizing the HR and operational systems required to ensure CUI can fulfill its pan-Canada mission. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Administrator is a hands-on position and part of a small but dynamic team of doers. Requiring excellent people skills, organizational and institutional management experience, strong project and financial management skills and proven leadership in addressing systemic equity within organizations.
Responsibilities will include
Human Resources and Administration
- Develop, implement and monitor equity-based employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations
- Work closely with senior staff to contract outside consultants where appropriate and where funded or budgeted.
- Develop and Implement Employee Learning and Professional Development programs
- Onboarding and offboarding employees and interns
- Manage office systems and service providers for telephone and IT
- Facilities management including liaising with subtenants and building management (upkeep, repairs)
Records and Data Management
- Ensuring contracts, record keeping, data processing and all policies are up to date and in compliance with all legislations and regulations
- Implement functional HRMS and internal databases across all departments and locations
- Supporting the Comptroller – ensuring that proper internal controls, approvals and policies are in place for all financial processes and activities relating to deposits, bank liaison, contracts, reconciling credit cards, organizational budgets
- Implementation of Compensation and Benefits program
- Ensure administrative support for expense management, payroll and banking procedures to ensure efficiency of processes
- Develop and implement evaluative processes for organizational performance
- Organize and maintain official corporate records including Board correspondence, preparation and circulation of materials for meetings, providing support for Committee work
You should possess most of the following experiences and skills:
- Prior experience as an HR & Administration, Operations Manager or a similar role
- Experience with MS Office, Hubspot and Human Resources Management Systems
- Excellent decision-making and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional team management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize quick decisions where necessary while working in a fast-paced environment
- Financial systems experience is an asset but not a prerequisite
- Proven ability to work on multiple initiatives and manage changing priorities under pressure
- Prior communications experience considered an asset
- Fluency in French considered an asset
- A commitment to CUI’s mandate and to following CUI’s practices and policies
- As part of this position entails managing the physical office environment, this job requires the ability to work Monday to Friday in our downtown Toronto office (some occasional remote working arrangements possible)
- Regular hours, Monday to Friday with occasional evenings
- Occasional travel and flexible hours
All CUI Employees have:
- A keen interest in urban issues
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our programs
- Interest in working across multiple projects
- Interest in building relationships and working collaboratively with team members and external partners
- Well-developed ability to effectively communicate with diverse and cross-sector audiences
- Capacity and willingness to work digitally in a highly collaborative work environment
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- Excellent judgement, strong initiative, and the ability to work independently
The Canadian Urban Institute is committed to fostering a supportive and inclusive workplace culture, where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We place high value in diversity and encourage applications from all equity seeking groups. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange accommodation.
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a competitive benefits package.
We would like to speak with you if you meet the above-mentioned requirements. Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and “Administrator” in the subject line by 5:00 p.m. EDT on November 24, 2023. Your cover letter should outline your essential skills and tell us why you are the ideal candidate for this position. Please include where you found this posting.
No telephone inquiries please. CUI thanks all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about CUI visit www.canurb.org.