Job Posting: Director of Finance & Administration
|Opportunity:||DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION|
|Position Type:||FULL-TIME PERMANENT|
|Location:||ANYWHERE IN CANADA|
|Deadline to Apply:||July 9, 2021 (but applicants encouraged to apply sooner)|
|Cover letters and resumes can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org|
About the Canadian Urban Institute
The Canadian Urban Institute (CUI) was established in 1990. As Canada’s Urban Institute, we are the national platform that houses the best in Canadian city building — where policymakers, urban professionals, civic and business leaders, community activists, and academics can learn, share, and collaborate with one another from coast to coast to coast. Through research, engagement, and storytelling, our mission is to ensure Canada builds vibrant, equitable, livable, and resilient cities.
CUI is seeking a highly organized and motivated individual to join our team. The Director of Finance & Administration reports to the President & CEO and oversees CUI’s financial, administration, human resource, and contract management functions. The candidate will be joining a dynamic, growing, and cross-Canada organization.
Responsibilities will include
- Creation and tracking of the annual operating budget
- Monthly financial and fundraising reports
- Bookkeeping oversight. We use an external bookkeeping service that inputs data, performs bank reconciliations, and files EHT and HST
- Managing AP/AR and deposits
- Support of program managers in creating, tracking, and updating budgets
- Financial reporting to funders including government departments and agencies
- Working with auditors
- On behalf of external funders, CUI manages many grants and associated contracts, including large multi-million dollar grants with the federal government—this job will include contract management and accounting for these programs
- Supporting the President & CEO with staff recruitment and selection, job design and job evaluation, and salary administration
- Advising the senior leadership team on organizational change, staff performance management, professional development, and problem and conflict resolution
- Advice and support to the CEO and Board of Directors
- Management of all insurance, contracts, and leases
- The leadership of processes concerning CRA, PIPEDA, and PCI compliance
- Minimum five years of experience in a mid-level Finance/Accounting position, with proven expertise in accounting systems, budgeting, fund accounting, internal controls and business planning, ideally in a not-for-profit setting
- Experience with contract management and grant administration and reporting
- Experience overseeing office management, leases, and insurance
- Sound knowledge of human resources best practice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, and employment related legislation
- Fluency in English. Other language skills, particularly in French, are an asset
All CUI Employees have:
- A keen interest in urban issues
- A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace and in our programs
- Interest in working across multiple projects
- Interest in building relationships and working collaboratively with team members and external partners
- Well-developed ability to effectively communicate with diverse and cross-sector audiences
- Capacity and willingness to work digitally in a highly collaborative work environment
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- Excellent judgement, strong initiative, and the ability to work independently
The Canadian Urban Institute is committed to fostering a supportive and inclusive workplace culture, where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We place high value in diversity and encourage applications from all equity seeking groups. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange accommodation.
Salary range $80,000 to $100,000. CUI offers a competitive benefits package and is committed to excellence.
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include your full name and “Director of Finance and Administration” in the subject line. Your cover letter should outline your essential skills and tell us why you should be the Director of Finance and Administration at CUI. Please include where you found this posting.
No telephone inquiries please. CUI thanks all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about CUI visit www.canurb.org.